Monday, January 19, 2015

Outfit For a 50th Wedding Anniversary Party


I made this necklace for my 50th birthday party.  I never thought that I would have another relevant occasion to wear it, but my brother and sister-in-law celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary this weekend and luckily I remembered that I had it.  The year that I turned 50, the Humane Society did too, and they sent me many tokens with the number 50 on them in appreciation for my support.  Also included on the necklace is a Kennedy half dollar and  several other international coins.


I bought these shoes recently on sale at a Housing Works Thrift Store in NYC for $5.  Hurray for small feet!


The skirt is a vintage black crinoline worn underneath another skirt with black ruffles.  I came up with the idea of wearing a longer skirt under another shorter one a few years ago and have put together some great outfits using that technique since then, but this is definitely my favorite.


Here is the complete outfit.  The vintage halter and shrug are black velvet.

Happy 50th Wedding Anniversary, Don and Irene!



3 comments:

Patricia Markert said...

Beautiful. Love those shoes!

Anonymous said...

Where are the pictures of the Bride and Groom on their 50th anniversary?? You look fabulous!! Love the shoes. The remind me of Helen McFeely.

Congratulations to Don and Irene!! What a feat of determination.

XOXO F

River Muse said...

I love that crinoline!