Tuesday, January 13, 2015

I didn't throw it away.



This post is part of a blog train hosted by Agatha from Green Issues by Agy.


I NEVER THROW AWAY BUTTONS! 
I don't know any woman who doesn't save at least a few buttons, do you? 
  Of course I have been saving them ever since I was a little girl, straight out of my grandmother's button jar and into my own, where many of them still are!  But often I do use them.  They make such wonderful embellishments.
Here is a photo of me in my full button regalia. 
 
I sewed them onto the lapels of this vintage jacket, made earrings, crocheted a belt with buttons to hang across the front of my skirt (that also has buttons sewed onto it), and glued them to a pair of my shoes.
 
You can attach them to almost anything.
I even sewed them onto some collars for my dog.
There are many reasons why I don't throw buttons away.  But the most important and compelling reason is that there might be something that I want to CREATE with them.  That is why I don't throw away a lot of things - they not only have sentimental value, but can also inspire me to create so many wonderful things.  And buttons are always perfect for adding a little fashion flair!


Tomorrow Maya from http://thelittletreasures.blogspot.sg/
will add to this bog train.  Enjoy the ride! 

4 comments:

Agy Lee said...

Wow, that's a lot of buttons, and you've put them to good use :-)

River Muse said...

I love buttons! I especially love your button shoes!

Little Treasures said...

I love vintage buttons! Inherited all of my grandmas' :)
Fabulous and so eclectic use of your collection

Anonymous said...

I'm missing a few Buttons and just a couple of marbles. Do you have them?

XOXO F