Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Journal





I  keep a handwritten journal about this blog.  I made it out of random pieces of 8 1/2" by 11" paper that I had put together into a spiral notebook.  Most of them are blank or with very little writing on them (to leave room for my own, of course) but are interspersed with pages made from pizza parlor menus, children's doodles, pages cut from discarded books, an out-of-date atlas and photocopies of my hands.  I saw a journal like this one at a stationary store for about $25.00 and was inspired to make my own.  Once I had assembled all the pages from different colored paper, stationary and all the other miscellaneous pieces that I had collected, I took it to Kinkos and got it made into a spiral notebook for about $5.00.  I like the way the detritus of everyday life intersects  and connects with my creative musings...

1 comment:

Patricia Markert said...

I am amazed at your ability to synthesize and create from found objects. It is wonderful.