Monday, March 8, 2010

Buttons

Buttons are an essential part of my creative experiments.  I put them on  everything - from shoes to dog collars. Over the years I have amassed quite a collection.  I find them at thrift stores, yard sales and junk stores.  But the best way to get buttons is to have people give them to you.  When my acquaintances see how many things I do with them they often remember an old tin full of buttons buried in a cabinet somewhere and offer it to me.  They are happy to have them used for something and I often make a bracelet or pair of earrings in return.  If you let people know that you need them, the buttons will come...

For the shoes, I glued all the buttons on with Amazing Goop and for the dog collars, I hand sewed them on with a heavy duty needle and thread.

No comments: