Tuesday, February 13, 2018

A Film Is In the Works!



Last summer, a young woman named Liz Waldie from the University of the Arts in Philadelphia asked me if she could feature me in a short film that she is making for her senior thesis project.  Of course I said, "Yes!"  We started filming last fall, in various places such as my studio, a nature preserve, and a photo studio.  Mostly, I improvised - dancing, art making, and other kinds of performing.  Now we are almost done with the filming so Liz will start the process of editing and defining the film by what footage she chooses to include and how she puts it together.  It has been a wonderful experience to work with a young artist who challenges both herself and her ideas about what art can be.  "Experimental" is a word that described the kind of performance art that I made when I was her age.  I am glad to see that this approach has continued and that young people are still interested in pursuing it.  The film will have its premier in early May so stay tuned for more information. 


Photos by Shaina Nyman

No comments: