Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

I wasn't really in the Thanksgiving mood and had decided to put minimal effort into planning and decorating this year.  Earlier today, though, I noticed an empty patch of white wall just above our dining room table and thought it would be nice to put a wreath there.  I went to the farmer's market in search of one, without any luck.  Jeffrey suggested that we just make one, right then and there.  We used a coat hanger, brown paper grocery bags embellished with a little bit of orange and yellow paint, and fake berries and leaves from old Thanksgiving decorations.  We didn't have to buy a thing.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

1 comment:

Patricia Markert said...

This is beautiful. You guys are inspiring me to do something with the color I see littering the ground on my travels, all those yellow and red and orange leaves.

Peace.

Patty